Unbelievably blessed that Jennifer Kloczko pushed me to complete this challenge. She is an amazing leader, mentor and running buddy from a far.
1. What has been your ONE biggest struggle during this school year?
Saying No. I admit it I am a total people ‘pleaser’. Need help with an event, a project, a board member vacated…yep I have said yes to all of that-this school year! I have to figure out how to give myself the grace needed not fill up my days so much that I miss the small things at home and at school.
2. Share TWO accomplishments that you are proud of from this school year.
Data Driven PLC’s-WEEKLY! Last summer a group of four amazing teachers and myself made the trip to Minneapolis where we spent 3 days immersed in All Things PLC. We walked away inspired, encouraged, and with a few pictures of our professional mentors!
Armed with this knowledge we jumped into data driven PLC’s with a force and passion that grew from a few to all. Between SMART goals and short term celebrations we have a strong foundation that will only get BETTER for the 2016-17 school year.
Taking Time for Teachers This year our staff completed a book study from Dr. Adam Saenz’s The Power of a Teacher. Each session we reflected on the questions posed and had activities to help develop a balance in the different domains of life: occupational, physical, spiritual, financial and emotional aspects of our life. We grew together and have held each other accountable to maintain the balance that we all desperately need to be good to ourselves, our students and our families.
3. What are THREE things you wish to accomplish before the end of the school year?
- Makerspace plan for 2016-17.
- Run a half marathon and connect in person with some pretty amazing administrators. (Jessica Johnson, Jay Posick and Sarah Johnson)
- Visit one other principal from #principalsinaction
4. Give FOUR reasons why you remain in education in today’s rough culture.
- I love the challenge that the calling gives me each and every day.
- I enjoy serving my community and working in the same district my boys go to school in-seeing their growth and progress pushes me to do better every day.
- The staff at Woodson is the best you could ever ask for! Their determination and perseverance in spite of challenges brings me to tears at times.
- The kids-honestly we don’t call our school the ‘Happiest Place in Southeastern MN’ for no reason! Come for a visit-I promise you will leave smiling and encouraged for our future.
5. Which FIVE people do you hope will the take the challenge of answering these questions.