Here we go..off and running. You have your #OneWord, your new planner, the calendar is set, the meal planning done, you are in a better place today than you were last year in successfully completing the goals before you.
In the next few weeks I hope to share some new tips and ideas to help keep the stamina strong for the work ahead. If you are interested in getting the full infographic please consider subscribing to my monthly newsletter here.
Here we go the first 5 of 19 broken down into detail:
1. Greet students at the door: Principal Kafele shared this during a conference I attend a few years ago and it was reaffirming to me that the 20 minutes each morning I am outside is a bigger investment than I even realized.
2. Take email off your phone. Yes I said it, I did it, and I don’t regret it-here is a blog post that shows you why and how.
3. Send a thank you note. Seriously, a handwritten thank you note. During the first 3 months in my new school I spent a class period in each teacher’s room and wrote a personal note thanking them for something specific I observed during the class-a big impact on setting a school climate of success and support.
4. Serve in the cafeteria. Last month after reading Danny Bauer’s recent book I took a chance and asked if they needed help serving. One of the highlights of the school year!
5. Attend an after school activity. My secretary has scheduled into my calendar a home event for every activity that our school offers. So far this year I have been able to stop into football, volleyball, soccer, wrestling, swimming, basketball, game club, Student Council, music concerts and play practices. I don’t always stay until the end-but the smiles from students and parents make the later office hours once in a while worth it.
So there it is…the first 5 of 19 ways to step up your game a bit-if you have already completed these challenges-well done. If one scares you more than the recent movie “Bird Box” well…then that is the one you should do first.
Dream Big-Live Colorfully-Lead Boldlyjessicacabeen.com