Navigating the systems of preschool and K-12 can be daunting for families. Educators on both sides of this transition can make intentional steps towards alignment, ease of transition, and welcoming families between these critical points of their little lives.
- Building Relationships and Setting the Stage Before K
- Creating Meaningful Transitions from PreK-K
- Bornfreund, L. (2016) Connecting PreK and The Early Grades: Principals on Transitions.
- How often do you make time to sit in classrooms that your students are coming from or going to? Can you find one way to make that happen?
- When was the last time you invited another school, grade level, or preschool to professional development or informal collaboration?
- Besides the report card and the cumulative file-how do you communicate the specific skills, needs and sparks your students have gain during the year to the next teacher/school?
Want to know more ways to Share ideas and information with families?