When we are working together, PreK and K-12, in authentic ways-communication, collaboration and high expectations for all students becomes
the real focus of everyone’s work. Finding ways to work and learn together and less in isolation from the each other is critical to ensure the transition between the two systems is kid and family-focused first.
- Essential Questions to Consider
- 5 Easy Ways to Build Authentic and Genuine Relationships with Your Students by Colleen Schmit
- Do you know which schools your students come from or are going to? Challenge yourself to a site visit this year to see this different setting and get to know the incredible educators educating the children everyone is serving.
- Got awesome PD? Invite the preK or K-3 teachers over to join you.
- Show some love. Early in the school year send a note to the former teacher thanking them for something incredible they did that made a difference in the student’s life.
Want to know how to show kids you care?